Register for Online Banking
Driving to a branch is great, but when you need to transfer money, pay a bill or make a deposit immediately, Online Banking is your own personal branch. It’s free, secure and available on any computer, smartphone or tablet with an Internet connection. Log in from anywhere with your username and password.
Step 1: Sign up for Online Banking
Click the Register button on the Online Banking log in pop up or register here. You'll need your member number and the last 4 digits of your social security number. Follow the step-by-step directions and you’ll be online fast. This guide will walk you through the process.
Step 2: Download the Mobile Banking App
Visit the Apple App store or Google Play to access Mobile Banking. To register, click the Register button on the first page of the app and set up your username and password.
Step 3: Try It Out
Deposit a check. Set an alert. Pay a bill. The more you use Rivermark Online and Mobile Banking tools, the more you’ll wonder how you ever lived without them.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to Get Started
- Go to the Rivermark homepage and click the Log In button in the top right corner. Then click on First-Time User. Sign in using your Member Number and the last 4 digits of your social security number. Accept the Terms and Conditions.
- Create a new username and password. We recommend that joint owners create their own unique username and password.
- Verify your contact information. The system will generate a verification code. Enter the code to authenticate your device.
- You will now have access to the new system. To login go back to the home page and use your new username and password to access the system.
Your Rivermark username must meet the following requirements:
- Minimum 6 / Maximum 20 characters
- Cannot be all numbers
- Can use member number plus symbol or letters
Your password must meet the following requirements:
- 8 or more characters
- Mix of letters, numbers or symbols (symbol not required)
Can I view my Personal Accounts and Business Accounts in the same login?
No. Online banking is now established at an individual level. Each business is an individual entity and requires its own unique username and password.
I've already registered. Why is the system asking for a security code again?
The security feature will appear when it does not recognize the computer or device that you are using. It may also appear if you had recent unusual activity for you.
Can I find my account number for ACH transactions online?
- Yes. Choose the appropriate checking account and to the right is a link called "Account Details". After choosing Account Details, you will see the "ACH Number" option.
- This is the account number needed for electronic transactions from your checking account.
- Rivermark's routing number (323076012) is located in the footer of our website.
Why am I receiving an error when registering for Bill Pay?
You need to have at least one dollar in your checking account to register for Bill Pay. You will receive an error message if the balance is at $0.00 at time of registration.