Skip a Payment
Skip a Payment is a convenient service we offer to allow you to save a payment on months when money is tight, you have an emergency or you just need some extra cash. Most consumer loans such as Auto, Personal, Share Secured, VISA and RVs are eligible to skip a payment. Once you set up your skip payment, your deduction amount will remain in your designated account instead of being transferred to your loan on its due date. There is a $30 Skip Payment Fee per loan.
To submit a skip payment:
1. Log into Online Banking or your mobile app.
- In Online Banking, navigate to the More menu and click Account Options under Self Service.
- In Mobile Banking tap on the More Then select Skip a Payment.
2. Choose the Skip a Payment option.
3. Select the loan that you would like to Skip a Payment on. If you do not have any loans eligible to skip, you will see a message stating that. If you have multiple loans, all loans eligible for a skip will appear in the drop down. Skip payments are not available on mortgage or home equity loans. Select whether you'd like to pay your $30 fee from a Rivermark account or Debit/Credit card.
4. Fill out your payment information.
5. Click Pay Now.
If you have any questions regarding skipping a payment, please contact us or call 503.626.6600 or 800.452.8502.
If a loan is paid from another institution through an ACH, the skip payment request must be made 10 days prior to the payment date. If it is paid by an internal transfer or cash it must be made at least 5 days prior to your due date. If you are trying to request a skip payment and it is not within this time frame, you will not be able to skip a payment.
Please note that you can only skip payments twice within one calendar year and they cannot be made two months in a row.