KGW Great Food Drive 2022
Thank you for your support!
Thank you to everyone who supported the KGW Great Food Drive this year. Food insecurity risks increase in a pandemic, so the need was greater than ever. The campaign raised funds and donations to provide over 2 million meals! Note: The Oregon Food Bank is still accepting donations to help our communities #EmergeStronger in the wake of COVID-19. Please donate if you are able.
Rivermark is a proud sponsor of the KGW Great Food Drive for the 6th consecutive year. More than 10 million pounds of food have been donated since our involvement began in 2017, providing over 8,500,000 meals to local families.
This pandemic has increased the risk of food insecurity, affecting school meal programs, people experiencing homelessness, people without healthcare, and those who are living paycheck-to-paycheck. We appreciate every dollar you donate to the Oregon Food Bank through the KGW Great Food Drive!
We are accepting cash donations at all of our branches through the end of March, or you can make a donation online.
KGW's 18th Annual Great Food Drive
March marks the beginning of the 18th annual KGW Great Food Drive, which includes matching donations and a "Week of Giving". A quarter of Oregonians sought food assistance during the pandemic, which led to 1.7 million meals being distributed by the Oregon Food Bank. KGW's Great Food Drive is an important public service campaign aimed at addressing hunger issues in Oregon and SW Washington. The goal is to collect enough donations so that the local residents will be able to take home more than 1.5 million pounds of food.
KGW will focus its Great Food Drive strategy this year on monetary donations to ensure that every dollar goes as far as possible to support the Oregon Food Bank. In March, KGW, Rivermark Community Credit Union, Pacific Office Automation, Safeway, and local Toyota Dealers, along with other corporate partners will supply the Oregon Food Bank Network with food that will be distributed across its network of 21 regional food banks and 1,400 food assistance sites across Oregon and Clark County, Washington.
Four Easy Ways to Donate:
- Make a financial donation at any Rivermark Community Credit Union branch
- Donate funds online at KGW Food Drive
- Make a physical food donation at Local Toyota dealerships
- Make a cash donation at the register of participating Safeway stores
Did you know?
- About 1 in 9 people in the metro area rely on food donations, including 1 in 5 children!
- In Oregon, almost 50% of children qualify for free or reduced meals at school.
- An estimated 265,000 people in Oregon and Clark County, Washington rely on food pantries on a monthly basis
- With the help of a pantry, 80% can meet their monthly food needs
- 94% say it improves their lives having access to food from a pantry
- More than half of them prepare and eat healthier meals using pantry items
You can provide up to 30 meals with just a $10 donation!
The Oregon Food Bank purchases, collects, and distributes food to more than 1,400 food assistance sites through a network of 21 regional food banks. Using the Oregon Food Bank's wholesale purchasing power, your online donation will reach even further, getting more food to those in need.