Note: Deadline to submit applications is January 26, 2018.
If you’d like to be more involved with your Credit Union and have a strong desire to help Rivermark continue to grow, we encourage members to apply for a position on the Board of Directors or Supervisory Committee.
Rivermark’s Board of Directors is composed of volunteers who are members who direct and guide the general business affairs of the credit union by serving on the board.
- Work with President/CEO to develop strategic plans, objectives and goals for the credit union.
- Ensures the credit union adheres to pertinent regulations and maintains financial assets are protected.
- Reviews and approves the annual budget.
- Defines the scope of the President/CEO’s job, hires a qualified candidate and reviews annually his or her progress in achieving goals and objectives.
- Understanding of credit union philosophy and bylaws
- Understanding of financial reports
- Ability to think and plan strategically
- Time commitment of 2 – 3 hours to attend monthly board meetings which are held every 3rd Wednesday of the month and begin at 5:45 pm*
- Time to review financial reports prior to the meeting and to complete board related training
Rivermark’s Supervisory Committee is composed of volunteers who are members of the credit union.
- Verify internal controls, policies, and procedures are maintained and followed.
- Ensure the quality and integrity of the Credit Union’s financial statements.
- Review the Internal Auditor’s reports and co-sourced audits throughout the year.
- Oversee and authorize the engagement of a Certified Public Accounting (CPA) firm to perform an annual Opinion Audit of the Credit Union’s financial statements.
- General knowledge and background in financial and auditing principles
- Time commitment of 2 – 3 hours to attend monthly committee meetings which are held every 3rd Wednesday of the month
- Time to review reports and audits prior to the meeting and to complete committee related training
If you have any questions about the Board of Directors or Supervisory Committee, please contact Bonnie Dibb at 503.626.6600, extension 696 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Subject to change