Sustainability at Rivermark
Rivermark implements sustainable practices into our operations and design of our facilities.
Rivermark has several eco-friendly products that encourage members to participate in energy saving practices. Free Checking Plus and Rewards Savings both offer a higher rate when members use green services such as free Online and Mobile Banking and E-Statements. These paperless services reduce waste.
Rivermark also received the PayItGreen Seal of Approval for positively impacting the environment by championing practices to remove paper from payments, bills and statements.
In 2011, we enacted a Print-On-Demand literature program, reducing paper usage and waste. The materials that are printed, including letterhead and note cards, are printed on Forest Stewardship Council certified paper, meaning that strict guidelines have been followed to ensure forests are managed in a sustainable manner.
The receipt paper used at all Rivermark branches is BPA free.
Hawthorne Branch Remodel
The Hawthorne Branch was built using materials that reduce operating costs and are environmentally friendly, including:
- The Hawthorne Branch was awarded a Silver Certification from the Earth Advantage Institute, a Portland-based nonprofit organization that works with the building industry to help implement sustainable building practices.
- Use of recycled and environmentally friendly materials during construction.
- Recycling 78% of construction waste and almost 50% of the previous building.
- Use of recycled building materials, including dry wall, steel, pavers, flooring, etc.
- Utilizing water-saving efforts in our restrooms and landscaping
We actively recycle & use recycled paper products throughout the credit union, including copy/printer paper. Rivermark has implemented a mixed-used recycling program in all our locations and uses many recycled office supplies.
Rivermark membership is available to anyone who lives or works in one of the 11 Oregon counties we serve. Membership is also open to immediate family or domestic partners of existing members or of anyone residing in our eleven-county area.
WascoBecome a Member