Certificates of Deposit
When you invest in a Rivermark Certificate of Deposit, you'll earn a guaranteed interest rate for the term of your CD. And you can rest easy knowing your principal is federally insured.
- Higher rates than Savings or Money Market Accounts
- Low $500 minimum to open ($100 for youth accounts)
- Terms from six months to three years
- All accounts are Federally insured up to $250,000 by the National Credit Union Administration
One way to maximize your interest income is with a strategy called CD laddering. Over time, it's an easy way to earn a higher rate without locking up all your money into a single long term certificate.
For example, instead of opening one 3-year CD for $15,000, you would divide your initial deposit into three equal CD's.
- Open one CD for $5,000 with a 3-year term
- Open a second CD for $5,000 with a 2-year term
- Open a third CD for $5,000 with a 1-year term
When your 1-year CD matures, you would roll that $5,000 into a new 3-year certificate. After three years, all of your certificates will be earning the higher three year rate of interest at that time and you'll always have access to $5,000 of your money within one year.
Ratings & Reviews
"I didn't even need to go in to the branch to open my CD. All it took was a five minute phone call. When the CD matured and I wanted to roll it over, I made another phone call. Just the great service I've come to expect from Rivermark!"
"When it comes to certificates of deposit, Rivermark always has the best interest rates!"
"We've used Rivermark for years now for our checking and more importantly, for the CD's. Rates generally are higher with Rivermark than for other institutions and we really appreciate that. Rivermark representatives have also always been so helpful and friendly every time I've called. Thank you!"