Board of Directors
Note: Application period is now closed.
If you’d like to be more involved with your Credit Union and have a strong desire to help Rivermark continue to grow, we encourage members* to apply for a position on the Board of Directors or Supervisory Committee.
Rivermark’s Board of Directors is comprised of credit union members who direct and guide the general business affairs of the credit union.
- Works with President/CEO to develop strategic plans, objectives and goals for the credit union.
- Ensures the Credit Union maintains sound financial condition and assets are protected.
- Reviews and approves the annual budget.
- Defines the scope of the President/CEO’s job, hires a qualified candidate and annually reviews their progress in achieving goals and objectives.
- Understanding of credit union philosophy and bylaws
- Understanding of financial reports
- Ability to think and plan strategically
- Ability to attend board meetings, held at least six times a year. Additional planning/educational sessions and business meeting attendance may also be required. Generally, board meetings start at 5:45 pm and run 2 – 3 hours**
- Proficiency to review reports prior to meetings
- Ability to complete board related training
Rivermark’s Supervisory Committee is composed of credit union members.
- Verifies that internal controls, policies, and procedures are maintained and followed.
- Ensures the quality and integrity of the Credit Union’s financial statements.
- Reviews the Internal Auditor’s reports and co-sourced audits throughout the year.
- Oversees and authorize the engagement of a Certified Public Accounting (CPA) firm to perform an annual Opinion Audit of the Credit Union’s financial statements.
- Understanding of general financial and auditing principles
- Ability to attend committee meetings, held at least six times a year. Additional planning/educational sessions and business meeting attendance may also be required. Generally, committee meetings start at 4:00 pm and run 1 – 1.5 hours**
- Proficiency to review reports and audits prior to meetings
- Ability to complete related training
If you have any questions about the Board of Directors or Supervisory Committee, please contact Bonnie Dibb at 503.626.6600, extension 696 or email@example.com.
*Joint account owners and Business membership Authorized Signers do not qualify as members. An individual membership is required.
**Subject to change