Your Springtime Home Maintenance Checklist
It’s been a long winter. Now is the best time to get your house in order before summer arrives and you're off on some much-needed adventures.
Here are some tips to keep your house and property in tip-top shape. Springtime maintenance, here we come!
Start with the Yard
- Make sure the lawnmower is clean
- Get rid of dead shrubs and trim (or cut down) overgrown trees
HVAC Maintenance and Air Filters
- Clean your HVAC
- Replace air filters
Foundation and Leaky Gutters
- Check your foundation for cracks
- Clear the gutters and downspouts
Siding and Eaves
- Find and fix dry rot in wood siding
- Clean your siding to get rid of mold and winter grime
Windows and Screens
- Clean your screens and windows
- Replace window caulking to improve insulation
Clothes Dryer Vents
- Clean both the inside and outside of the dryer vents
Fireplace and Chimney
- If necessary, clean the chimney flue
- Don't let wildlife make a home in your chimney
- Replace damaged shingles and remove moss
Deck and Outdoor Living Areas
- Sand and paint or stain rough wood on decks
- Wash patio with a power washer
Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Detectors
- Batteries should be checked and changed
- Replace old or malfunctioning equipment
- Improve the efficiency of the water heater by flushing it out
Refrigerator and Freezer
- Coils in refrigerators and freezers should be vacuumed
- Make sure your fridge and freezer are clean
More Expensive Repairs
Need a new roof or water heater? Is your air conditioner on the fritz?
Check out your options, stop by any branch, or give us a call at 503.626.6600 or 800.452.8502.
Have Questions About Home Loans?
Our home loan resources page can help you make informed decisions as you prepare to purchase a home or apply for a home equity loan. And, as always, you can call Rivermark and speak directly to a mortgage expert by calling 503.906.9497.