Skip to main content

Help with Wildfire Insurance Claims

WildfireMany home owners affected by the wildfires might wonder what, if anything, is covered by their home owner's insurance policy. 

The state has assembled a team of advocates available to answer these questions and other questions homeowners might have about their coverage or how to file a claim. You can contact them toll-free at 888.877.4894 or online at

In the meantime, The Oregon Division of Financial Regulation has distributed a list of tips to help impacted homeowners. 

  • Keep receipts
    Most policies will cover living expenses, including hotel stays and meals, as the result of a fire evacuation. Be sure to keep your receipts and contact your insurance agent as soon as it is safe to do so. 
  • Keep inventory.
    Maintain an itemized list of your posessions in a spreadsheet or on your phone. 
  • Get an inspection. 
    Your insurer will likely require a damage inspection before you start repairs. Schedule this ASAP, and secure your property to ensure no more damage or theft occurs.
  • Claim your vehicle. 
    Damage to you car is likely not covered by your home owners insurance. Take the steps needed to file a claim under your auto policy. 

If you have questions regarding coverage from Rivermark Insurance Agency, please give us a call at 503.626.6600 or 800.452.8502