Rivermark is committed to giving back to the communities we serve. To support that commitment, we have partnered with Oregon Food Bank to help fight food insecurity.
In March, members helped contribute 2,021,626 pounds of food to the KGW Great Food Drive - the most the event has ever raised. That goes a long way, as each $10 donated provides 30 meals for families in Oregon - that's over 6 million meals!
During the food drive, we collected donations at all of our branches and at our corporate office in Beaverton. We also participated in the KGW Breakfast for Dinner event on March 14, collecting donations in Pioneer Courthouse Square.
The Rivermark team (Tonya, Shelly & Randy) at the Breakfast for Dinner event.
Collecting donations at the Breakfast for Dinner event.
Rivermark employees fill up the KGW Great Food Drive truck.
Donations from Rivermark employees.
Rivermark employees with the donations.
Some facts about the Oregon Food Bank
- 1 in 5 people in our area rely on food donations
- Almost 50% of Oregon children qualify for free and reduced lunch at school
- In an average month, an estimated 270,000 people in Oregon and Clark County, Washington rely on food from a pantry
- Of households utilizing food pantries, about 80% of them are able to meet their food needs for the month with the help of a pantry
- 82% of households who rely on pantries say they cook at home daily
Rivermark is proud to support the fight against hunger in our area. Thank you to all members and employees who donated food and cash.
If you missed the event and you'd still like to donate, you may do so online.